Saturday 23 May 2015

Holly Blue


 
23rd May.  I was confined to garden duty today and I must say it was a grand day to be confined to the garden.  At least here I was able to avoid the Bank Holiday weekend crowd.

  
I’d noticed that blue butterflies were back in the garden on Wednesday, but I had been occupied warding of cold calling salesmen at the time so was unable to take a close look.  I’d assumed that they were Holly Blue Butterflies.  Today one of them was back although extremely flighty over the hedges and small trees it did keep settling for short periods.  Unfortunately settling in difficult places which meant a decent macro shot was nearby impossible but at least for the first time I managed to capture an image.




Plenty of other insects in the garden too, taking my mind of the work to be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment