Friday 27 March 2015

Junior Scottish Nature Photographer of the Year



I can announce to readers of my blog (please imagine drum roll and cheers in the background) that Samuel Hood, who you may note occasionally features in my blog, has become Junior Scottish Nature Photographer of the Year.

Samuel on a high.

Over recent years I have watched this genuine guy develop into not only an excellent photographer, a passionate and knowledgeable naturalist and also of course a very special friend of mine.  Samuel is a great role model for any aspiring young (and not so young) photographers.  I’m of the opinion that his fine results come from a deep passion and knowledge of his subject, good field-craft skills and loads of patience.  These are characteristics of the better wildlife/nature photographers.  I reckon we can count on hearing lots more of Samuel Hood in the years to come.

www.scottishnaturephotographyawards.com

WELL DONE SAM.

8 comments:

  1. That's really fab! A huge and well-deserved congrats Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations to Sam! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can only second every thing you say about Sam. Always great to bump into him in the field and always forthcoming with any info he has, especially at Killingworth. Congratulations Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Met him at Gosforth reserve a couple of times,very knowledable and genuine lad,well done fella

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to second that! Thanks Brian, Mark, James, John, Tony and John, really appreciate it and thanks for the nice write up Brian, If I ever need a P.R person (Not that I ever expect to!) I know who to ask!
    Thanks again,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. P R person eh?...I'll stay by the telephone and await the call.:-)

    ReplyDelete